MJ Products commit ourselves to protecting and respecting your privacy when visiting our website.
INFORMATION WE MAY COLLECT FROM YOU
We may collect and process the following data about you:
- Any information that you provide by filling in forms on our site. This includes provided information at the time of registering to use our site, posting material, requesting quotes, submitting an enquiry or subscribing to our newsletter. We might also request further information and if you should report a problem with our site.
- We may keep a record of any correspondence if you should contact us.
- Non personal information about your visit to our website (detailed below).
IP ADDRESSES AND COOKIES
A cookie is a small file of letters and numbers that are placed on your browser or the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer’s hard drive.
We may collect information about your computer; this is statistical data concerning your browsing actions and does not identify you individually. This information may include your IP address, operating system, browser type and pages viewed. This data is collected purely for our records to monitor our website usage i.e. number of visitors to our website. This information is collected using Google Analytics cookies. Two types of cookies are used for Google Analytics:
- ga – This cookie is used to distinguish visitors and records the IP address of the visitors computer
- gat – This cookie is used to throttle requests.
Find out about Google Analytics.
Our website DOES NOT collect private information about yourself (excluding contact forms) and data is only collected to monitor website traffic in order to help improve our site.
By continuing to use our website, you are agreeing to our placing cookies on your computer in order to analyse the way you use our website. If you do not wish to accept cookies in connection with your use of this website, you must stop using our site or disable cookies on your computer.
Internet browsers allow you to change your cookie settings. These settings are usually found in the ‘options’ or ‘preferences’ menu of your internet browser. In order to understand these settings, the following links may be helpful. Otherwise you should use the ‘Help’ option in your internet browser for more details.
- Cookie settings in Internet Explorer
- Cookie settings in Firefox
- Cookie settings in Chrome
- Cookie settings in Safari
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Any submitted online enquiry form data is set to us via a secure email connection and stored on our secure internal system in order to respond to your request.
Web Statistics data (Google Analytics) is stored within a secure Google Account. This information is only accessible by our system administrator. Non of this data can identify you individually and is solely used to monitor our website traffic.
We are especially interested in protecting the safety and privacy of young people using our services. We do not intend to collect information about children and recommend that children under the age of 18 seek their parents’ consent before giving out personal data online. Orders should not be placed through our site unless the person placing the order is over the age of 18. We recommend that parents participate on their child’s behalf in on-line browsing and purchasing experiences and supervise exploration of the Internet.
PROTECTION OF YOUR INFORMATION
We are committed to the security of our customers’ information and personal data. We take precautions to protect all of the customer personal data we have collected as you would expect of a prudent and responsible organisation. Our website contains an SSL (green browser padlock) which encrypts communications between you and our server helping to protect and details submitted via forms. It also helps (but does not guarantee) website hacks which may be used for purposes of fraud or to steel data.
However, no website or the transmission of information via the internet is completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of your data transmitted to our site; any transmission is at your own risk.
USES MADE OF THE INFORMATION
We use the information held about you in the following ways:
- To notify you of any changes to our service.
- To provide you with the information, products and services requested from us or in the event that we feel will be of interest to you. (Applicable to valid newsletter subscribers)
- To allow you to participate in interactive features of our service, should you choose to do so.
We do not:
- Sell or provide free any advertising space on our website
- Sell or provide free any statistical data gathered via our website to third parties
- Sell of provide free any email data gathered via our website to third parties
DISCLOSURE OF YOUR INFORMATION
We may disclose your personal information to third parties:
- To the prospective buyer or seller of any business or assets in the event that we sell or buy.
THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
From time to time our site may contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you visit any of these sites please note that they have their own privacy policies and you should check these before submitting any personal data. We cannot accept any responsibility or liability for these policies.
ACCESS TO INFORMATION
You can exercise the right to access, alter and delete any information we hold about you. Please contact us via email.